The EMS Preceptor is a role model that demonstrates excellent working knowledge of the EMS System Protocols and Policies and is in good standing with their Resource Hospital. Preceptor qualifications include:
- Demonstrates sound clinical thinking skills
- Demonstrates high quality patient care and commitment to patient safety
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with all members of the health care team
- Demonstrates excellent professionalism in attitude and appearance
- Demonstrates ongoing evaluation and improvement in their professional growth
- Demonstrates an interest in teaching others
Additional prerequisites are listed in the Region XI System EMS Preceptor Policy (E-13).
To become a System Approved Preceptor, interested candidates should complete page 1 of the Region XI Preceptor Application and return to their Resource Hospital.